Friday, November 6, 2009

A Harvest Reminder

I've never been so surrounded by crops and farm-life before living in our little county and town! I love learning about lives of our farmers and about the crops. One season though grips my heart, like no other....

The season where the cotton pops out of the "kernel" and the leaves are defoliated so the fields of cotton look like fields of snow.

But to me, it gives me a visual of a harvest!

Luke 10:2 comes to mind...


"The harvest is great, but the workers are few.

Ask the Lord of the harvest, to send out workers into his harvest field."

And this verse and sight reminds me not only to PRAY for workers (in foreign field and neighboring towns) but to BE a worker in my own home and town!!! Ahh, cotton season... the beautiful reminders!


I thought this was interesting, Brian thinks of THIS verse in relation to the cotton and it's color!!

Isaiah 1:18- "Come now, and let us reason together,"Says the
LORD," Though your sins are as scarlet,They will be as white as snow; Though
they are red like crimson,They will be like wool."

Off we head today to a field trip to a cotton gin! We look forward to learning more about the processes of cotton!

2 comments:

Angela said...

What a great illustration. I had never been around cotton or corn or anything like this before we moved here either. Now we live between a cotton field and corn field. I love it!

I've spent some time with the farmers in our church learning a little about their trade. It is so interesting and takes so much trust in the Lord. God must provide the right amount of sun, temptures and rain for thier crop to grow. I hope you had a great time and the kids enjoyed themselves :)

Bunch of Barrons said...

Thanks for sharing this! Good thoughts! :) And I always love pictures as illustrations...the cotton pictures are really pretty.